“Intelligent urbanism” is a conference about urban growth, new approaches towards urban planning and technologies for better cities. In China and the rest of the world the concept of Smart Cities is becoming more and more a new model for the development of urban environment.
But what is a “Smart City”?
Are technology, data management, and Service Design the only approaches to this topic? Or is it an entirely new vision of city planning that could generate a real urban revolution? The topic will be discussed by a panel of experts, representatives from Italian, Chinese and European Institutions, and professionals such as architects and urban planners.
At the conference will participate:
- Prof. Stefania Stafutti: Director Italian Cultural Institute/Embassy of Italy in Beijing
- Filippo Umberto Nicosia: Economic and Commercial First Secretary, Embassy of Italy to P.R.C.
- Momo Andrea Destro, Eugenia Murialdo, Giannantonio Bongiorno: Anti-tectonics
- Jiang Dong: Expert, Digital City Engineering Research Center, Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development of the PRC
- Prof. Fei Jun: Central Academy of Fine Arts, CAFA
- Federico Pasini: International Cooperation Officer, Europe-China Clean Energy Centre (EC2)
The debate will be moderated by the director of the Italian Cultural Institute – Embassy of Italy, Beijing,Prof. Stefania Stafutti.
December 12th 2013, 18:30 – 20:30
Italian Cultural Institute/Embassy of Italy, Beijing
2 Sanlitun Dong Er Jie, Chaoyang District, Beijing
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to attend to the event